Episode Nine: The Power of Just Being Yourself – With Laura Coe
Carl Jung said, ‘It’s a privilege in life to find out who you really are.’ Tapping into your inner wisdom has gotten short shrift in the hectic rush of our lives today. Yet there’s so much more to discover by tuning in, according to today’s guest Laura Coe.
Our bodies have wisdom. Yet we drift away from our natural passion and purpose simply because we forget to listen.
‘What do YOU want right now?’ Laura asks – and it’s a wonderful question. For some of us, it can even be a little hard to answer. In my own experience, I have often been unable to tell the difference between my own thoughts and the opinions of others
In fact, in the first part of this podcast, I share a relevant essay I wrote last year, called “Why It’s So Difficult to Know What You Want?”
You can begin by talking about micro truths, Laura advises. And try — even just for today — to be honest, real and authentic in your small decisions.
Ask yourself, ‘What do I want?” and then start to notice the floodgate of sentences that follow.
For most of us there will be a pattern of denial or acceptance, and from this we can discover more pathways back to happiness.
Here’s more that I learned as I talked to Laura:
- How her own mid-life mega-shift came about, and told her what to do next
- What to do about ‘life inertia’ when life is ‘fine’ … but, actually, it’s not
- How an inauthentic life takes root, and where it comes from
- How to tune into our bodies instead of our brains to find our own personal truth
- Where anxiety, depression and disease originate in our bodies and minds
- Simple easy solutions for getting back in your body and healing your own ‘emotional obesity’
- How to create new healthy mindsets for ourselves – and a simple test to see what your own are
- How to use yoga to get back to the authentic self
Where ever you are at with your own authentic self, may I encourage you to let the sun shine in!
And may our thoughts steer you well, today.
Thanks for listening!
By Laura Coe
Your free ‘Emotional Obesity Scale‘
Laura Coe co-founded Litholink Corporation, a healthcare company serving over 350,000 patients per month nationally. When Litholink sold to a Fortune 500 company, she left corporate America to pursue lifelong passions.
Even while working in corporate healthcare, Laura always specialized in breaking down complex concepts for to make them easy to digest, understand, and apply. Now she channels that unique skill into “translating” philosophy and ancient wisdom – breaking down monumental, life-changing wisdom in a way that everyone can apply to their own lives.
Laura currently devotes her energy toward writing, coaching, helping others implement spiritual teachings in their everyday lives. Her first book, Emotional Obesity, is available for purchase. And now she is the host of the popular podcast, The Art of Authenticity.
Won’t you please let us know in a review on iTunes how you liked this episode? Thanks so very much!