Once in a while, I get the rare chance to sit down and talk with a person who is truly happy. Andrew Matthews, a happiness expert and author in Australia, is just one of those people.
Frankly, I’ve often been suspicious of ‘happiness experts’. Sometimes such people are secretly tormented, right? But what I learned from Andrew is that a) he’s not actually a happiness ‘expert’ per se. He just likes to think about such things. And b) even happiness experts experience hard times.
This made me feel infinitely better! What Andrew does is help us reframe our current situation to get back to more peace, more serenity, and more ease in life. And who doesn’t need this? It’s like a great infusion of joy at just the right moments.
He says gratitude is the key. “People often think, ‘When I am happy, then I’ll be grateful.’
But here’s the reality … when I’m grateful, then I’ll be happy.”
Here here! Enjoy this stimulating chat. I did!
Here’s what I learned:
- The basic things we must do to turn life around so it becomes easier
- Why the happiest people also seem to have the biggest problems
- How his happy neighbor irritated the heck out of him … and what he learned from it
- The truth about achieving success
- The ‘X Factor’ that makes all the difference … and how to get it
- The hardest experience of his life and how he was shaped by it
- His very personal connection to spirituality
- The pitfalls of ‘thinking happy thoughts’
- Why getting out of your comfort zone is so good for your soul
- The value of giving others on compliments
- The place of ‘no other options’ that inspires so much forward action.
Andrew’s Website: https://andrewmatthews.com/
Happiness tips, cartoons etc can be found at his Facebook Page:
Millions of people have seen Andrew Matthews speak. His blog, The Being Happy Podcast, is top rated. And he is one of the world’s most widely read self-help authors,
His books are best-sellers in the USA, UK, China, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Mexico, Russia, Germany, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Indonesia, the Philippines, India, Vietnam, South Korea, Singapore and Malaysia – and Iran!
Andrew is a popular international speaker who has addressed over 1000 international corporations. His presentations are laced with humor, and he draws lightning-fast cartoons as he speaks.
Andrew’s clients include Shell, McDonalds, Lenovo, Wal-Mart, Hewlett Packard, Toshiba, Honda and HSBC.
Won’t you please let us know in a review on iTunes how you liked this episode? Thanks so very much!